Friday, November 19, 2010

Homemade Turkey Sausage Spaghetti


Today I seem to have found some extra time...one of my children are home sick from school, this kinda makes my life stand still.  Anything I might have had planned is put on hold and I am stuck in my house or at the doctors office, it just so happens his tummy is bothering him, so he is confined to his bedroom and I am all alone upstairs, (we "quarantine" the ones with tummy problems, can't have 4 kids with stomach issues!)), so now I am free to cook all day.  I am starting with this spaghetti recipe I found and have been meaning to make for over a year...I just happened to find the time!  ;)  Enjoy!

Homemade Turkey Sausage Spaghetti
1 lb ground turkey
1 tsp crushed fennel seed
1 tsp water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cans tomato sauce
1 can whole or diced tomatoes
3-4 fresh mushrooms, washed and sliced
1 medium onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
2 garlic cloves, diced
1 tsp oregano
salt and pepper to taste
2 boxes Smart Taste spaghetti, cooked and drained
In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients.  Cover and refrigerate overnight, (at least 6 hours).  Once the meat has "marinated", brown it in a skillet with the olive oil, onion, green pepper, and garlic.  Once the meat has no pink left, stir in the remaining ingredients, (except the noodles), and bring to a boil, now turn the stove down to low and simmer for 30 minutes.  Serve over the hot spaghetti and sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese and ENJOY!

*Total Cost:  $6

**Money Saving Tip of the Day-My #1 tip for canned goods... buy the store brands and stock up when they're on sale!!!  Most store brands are very high quality and offer a money-back guarantee, (don't be afraid to ask for your money back if you're not happy with the product).  You may even be helping the company take measures to improve the product!  Happy Shopping!**

No comments:

Post a Comment