Thursday, February 10, 2011

We ALL have problems!

And I have figured out my problem, I am a PACK RAT!!!!  I keep everything!  I know, you're thinking, yeah right, she's clearly not as bad as she's saying.  But I really am, example:  I still have every piece of school work my three oldest kids have done from Pre-K up to 5th grade, and I mean EVERY PIECE, not just artwork, but the whole shebang!  From math to science and even to Scan tron sheets...I've got it ALL!  There are three very large neatly piled TV boxes in the back of my closet, hidden to the naked eye, but if you move my prom dresses and wedding dress; surprise!  There they are!  (and yes, I did say prom dresses, I still have all four of mine...from 1992-1996...you never know when you might need a good evening gown!)  
Anyway, I think you've got the gist of it...I am a pack rat!  Well today the pack rat in me paid off because I found a recipe from my 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Florence Gorham, I loved this teacher!  She always brought in "Gravel Candy", not to mention the fact that she had a SNAKE as a pet, he lived with us in the classroom, (his name was Killer), I believe this is where my love for snakes began:  this or with my Grandpa, Bootsie, he used to catch snakes and we would play with them, or just watch them try to climb up their 25% incline paved driveway, (they couldn't get traction, so they'd slither, slither, slither just as hard as they could and never get anywhere!  It was a very funny sight.).  Anyway, between the snake and the gravel candy, I was a very happy girl!  Below I am sharing the gravel candy recipe, I hope you enjoy it as much as all of us in Mrs. Gorham's 4th grade class did!  

Gravel Snack Candy
2 sticks butter
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1-12 oz bag chocolate chips
1 12 oz box Rice Chex cereal
1 box confectioners sugar
Melt the butter, peanut butter, and chocolate chips together.  Pour the melted mixture over the Chex cereal and mix together, being careful not to crack the cereal.  Now sprinkle with the sugar and shake to coat.  Enjoy!

**This recipe only cost me about $5 to make and there's alot to put up!  This recipe keeps well and can be refrigerated to last longer.  HAPPY SHOPPING!**  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment