Tuesday, October 12, 2010

TOPS meeting tonight, which = a very easy supper!!

I am part of a weight loss group called TOPS, or Taking Off Pounds Sensibly, we meet every Tuesday and have a great time hanging out and giving/getting advice on weight loss.  Not everything I cook is "weight loss friendly" but I am realistic, I have 4 kids, 3 of which live with me 24/7, not to mention a husband, who works all the time.  I try to change my recipes a bit to be more healthy, I do exercise 5 days a week with my Mom and my best friend Desi, and I try to keep my kids active, therefore teaching them that it's OK to indulge every once in a while, but try to eat healthy and stay active to off set the indulgence days!!!  Today we are having crockpot 15 Bean Soup...I love this soup, it's easy to make and very healthy!!!  Enjoy!
1 Bag 15 bean soup with Cajun seasoning pack
1 package Turkey Polska Kielbasa, cut up
1 onion, sliced
1 can diced tomatoes
2 quarts water
Pour all ingredients into crockpot, put on low and cook 8 hours, or until beans are tender.  Serve with crackers or corn bread.  Enjoy!!!

Total Cost~$5, ONLY $5 and it provides 14 -16 servings!!!

**Money Saving Tip:  Purchase your beans in the bag, you will save lots of money and this pack is much healthier and will go farther than a can of beans. Happy Shopping!!

1 comment: