Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 2 of Turkey Week

Well here we are on day 2 of Turkey Week, I believe I will stay on the path of side dishes, since we did dressing yesterday, what better day than today to tell you all about my Mama's Greenbean Casserole, hers is the best I have ever tried, she changes it up a bit differently than your traditional recipe in that; she HATES mushrooms, so instead of cream of mushroom, she uses cream of chicken soup, what a great idea, it is so scrumptious and..."it's not Thanksgiving without it", that's what my kids always say anyway!  hahaha!!  Thanks Mama! 


Mama's (Penny McClure) Greenbean Casserole
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1-1/2 cups milk
1 Tbsp black pepper
4 cans cut green beans
1 large can French Fried Onions
Mix soup, milk and pepper in a large baking baking dish. Stir in beans and 1/4 of the can of onions. Bake at 350°F for 30 min. or until hot. Stir and top with remaining onions. Bake 5 min. until onions are golden brown.

Whether we are at the McClure's, the Maxwell's, the Hulsey's or any of the rest of my families, this is just another staple to our Thanksgiving dinners.  I hope you are enjoying the customary foods we share at our family dinner.  Happy Shopping and....

                                              Happy Thanksgiving!!

                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment