Thursday, October 13, 2011

Who Doesn't Love To Be Frugal?!

On this particular post, I have decided to do a few of the "recipes" I have created for household use.  I have found that making these simple concoctions has saved our family loads of money and works much better than their store-bought counter parts.



Laundry Detergent
2 cups Borax
2 cups Super Washing Soda
2 bars Ivory Soap, grated
Mix all together very well.  Pour into a plastic container, I use a old Maxwell House Coffee tin.  Put 1 tsp into washer as usual, 2 tsp if the kids have been extra dirty!  


Homemade Febreez
1/8 cup Fabric Softener
2 Tbsp Baking Soda
Hot Water to fill the rest of the bottle
Pour all into a empty spray bottle and mix.  Shake well before each use.  


Homemade Glass Cleaner
1 cup water
1/4 cup white vinegar
2-3 drops Dawn dish soap
Pour all into a empty spray bottle and shake well.  


These simple mixtures will save you time and money.  I absolutely love how well each of these work, and it's nice for my clothes to match the smell of my home for once.  I usually have about five different smells happening!  ENJOY!


**more handy and frugal advice to come...**  (think I've found a new niche!)  



No comments:

Post a Comment